Nano-Traps : Nanobodies for immunoprecipitation
Nano-Traps are ideal for fast, reliable and efficient one-step immunoprecipitations.
Nano-Traps pull down your proteins of interest (POI) and their interacting factors from cell extracts or organelles. Nano-Traps consist of a VHH, also termed nanobody, coupled to an immobilizing matrix (see Technology). You can use Nano-Traps for a multitude of biochemical analyses such as:
- Immunoprecipitation (IP) / Co-IP
- Mass spectrometry
- Enzyme activity measurements
- ChIP / RIP analysis
- No heavy and light chains in your downstream gel and mass spectrometry analysis
- High binding affinity: Dissociation constants down to 1pM
- Short incubation times; reliable and consistent results
- More than 1.000 publications
- Fulfills highest requirements on antibody validation: Structure and function characterized
Beside conventional antibodies, Camelidae (alpacas, llamas, camels and dromedaries) possess a second type of antibodies called heavy chain antibodies (hcAbs). HcAbs are devoid of light chains and bind their antigen via a single variable domain (VHH), also known as nanobody. These VHH domains have excellent binding properties and can be produced at constant high quality without batch-to-batch variations.